- Pacifica board ends executive director’s contract
- Pacifica seeks to impose gag rule on workers
- Arlene Engelhardt out, layoffs retracted; yet future of Pacifica remains uncertain
- Layoffs imminent at KPFA: vote YES on the KPFA recall to stop the next purge
- What is union-busting?
- KPFA workers and listeners rally against union busting firm
- Join us for a picket against Pacifica’s use of Jackson Lewis
Monthly Archives: October 2010
KPFA’s parent network Pacifica appears to be moving ahead with layoffs of more than a quarter of the station’s union staff. The Morning Show, Against the Grain, Hard Knock Radio and the Evening News seem slated for severe program changes … Continue reading
On Tuesday, October 19, the finance committee of the Pacifica National Board rejected all budget proposals that KPFA’s union staff had advanced as alternatives to layoffs. KPFA’s local management and its local station board had both supported the union’s cost-cutting … Continue reading
KPFA’s workers are advocating for a “sustainable budget” that would net over $250,000 worth of cost-saving measures for KPFA and Pacifica, and which can be instituted instead of staff cuts. Read the specifics here. In negotiations this week, KPFA management … Continue reading
The Alameda Labor Council, AFL-CIO, has passed a resolution unanimously condemning the Pacifica National Board for its blatant anti-union actions, including targetting workers for layoff.
Resolution is as follows: Continue reading
CWA Local 9415 has always avoided any involvement in KPFA/Pacifica Foundation governance issues. That is not our purview. Our relationship is strictly maintained within the scope of the management of KPFA and the Executive Director of Pacifica. As such, those … Continue reading